Our travels have taken us to many great cities. When we travel with our children, we found that the zoos in a big town are a great way to spend an afternoon. There is only so much museum and art gallery time that a toddler will put up with. But the excitement of a world class zoo or Aquarium can not be beat.
Each zoo has it's own feel and something always stands out as a fond memory of the trip. So, enjoy our zoo pages and let me know if there is a zoo that is a 'must see' that we have missed.
Here are the zoos that we have visited:
- Zoos of Texas
- Gladys Porter Zoo - Brownsville, Texas (website )
- San Antonio Zoo - San Antonio, Texas (website)
- Fort Worth Zoo - Forth Worth, Texas (website )
- Houston Zoo - Houston, Texas (website )
- Dallas Zoo - Dallas, Texas (website )
- Zoos of Louisiana
- Audubon Zoo - New Orleans, Louisiana (website)
- Zoos of the World
- Berlin Zoological Garden and its Aquarium - Berlin, Germany (website )
- Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden - Budapest, Hungry (website )
- London Zoo, London, England (website )
- Dudley Zoological Gardens, Dudley, England (website )
This is one of my favorite 'finds' in England. It is a zoo built on the grounds of a castle ruin and on a big hill. So in one place you get a great workout, see some animals, and get to wander around the ruins of a castle. (all it needs is a waterfall to hit my high tourist points)
- Lodz Zoo - Marlis and her nanny visited this zoo while we were living in Poland.
We have visited some very nice aquariums, but don't have as many pictures