The Circus Is In Town
While driving back from the store, I noticed that the circus was in town! I quickly got the family together and we got front row tickets for the show. We had a great time and I was able to take lots of pictures during the preformance.
The circus happened to be a touring company of the Moscow State Circus. I found out the following facts about the troupe:
- It takes about 70 vehicles to move Moscow State Circus around.
- Although all the acts are trained in Russian circus school, the company is actually managed in Britain.
- Moscow state circus help to promote circus schools in Russia, which no longer receive the amount of funding they did under the communist regime.
- They tour for three years, doing two shows a day for six days a week.
- The youngest member of the cast is 15, the oldest is currently 49.
- Despite the fact that there's a perfectly good hotel down the road they still choose to sleep in their trailers
For More Information:
- The Moscow State Ciruces (official website)
- Moscow State Circus hits Stevenage (Online Review)
- The Incline Wire walkers practice in saftey. Link
- Bolshoi Circus - Also known as the Moscow State Circus. Site includes, history, acts and program information. This is the permament home in Moscow.
"Moscow State Circus" - Google News